Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Amazon Blogs: Omnivoracious Daily Digest

Check out these updates from Omnivoracious for November 26, 2013.

Best Books of 2013: Comics & Graphic Novels

Marble Season by Gilbert Hernandez

In June, Gilbert Hernandez's Marble Season topped our Best of the Year So Far list for Comics & Graphic Novels. Since then, it's been a strong season for comics, but after revisiting Hernandez's touching, nostalgic tale of kids in Southern California when assembling our Best Books of 2013 picks, I was reminded that nothing else has …

  Read more

Barbara Kingsolver: Sitting Down with Doris

When I learned Doris Lessing had died, I went to my bookcase and stood looking at the four-foot-wide swath of insight she embedded in the story of my life. Then I began pulling out books, starting with her recent volumes -- dystopian fiction, autobiography -- and then moving back through hardcover novels I bought in the '90s, the cheap paperbacks I could afford before that, and finally the

  Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

infolinks