Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Amazon Blogs: Omnivoracious Daily Digest

Check out these updates from Omnivoracious for August 27, 2013.

Kadir Nelson on Illustrating Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" Speech

Kadir Nelson is known for his incredibly beautiful children's book illustrations, including the 2013 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor Book, I Have a Dream.  Today marks the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s groundbreaking "I Have a Dream" speech and Nelson shares his thoughts on what it means to him and how that influenced his experience illustrating I

  Read more

Brian Selznick and Leonard S. Marcus on Randolph Caldecott

I'll admit it, I've known about the Caldecott medal for many years and seen it's seal on countless books even before I got into the book business, but I never knew anything about the man for whom the award is named.  Until now.  Leonard S. Marcus, himself a renowed historian and critic of children's books has written a fascinating biography, Randolph Caldecott: The Man Who

  Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

infolinks