Friday, August 30, 2013

Amazon Blogs: Omnivoracious Daily Digest

Check out these updates from Omnivoracious for August 29, 2013.

Graphic Novel Friday: What I Read Over Summer Vacation

Regular Graphic Novel Friday readers might be aware of my annual summer trip into the Canadian wilderness, where I unplug at a family cabin and read as many comics as I can. This year the weather was especially uncooperative, which made for fine morning, noon, and night reading. Upon my return, a nutritional detox was necessary but I read an especially healthy batch of books, including:

  Read more

Rob Sheffield Gets Philosophical About Karaoke

I've never done karaoke. I'll hum a tune sometimes to myself, even articulate one or two lines occasionally. In my car, if I'm alone and the windows are rolled up tight, I'll sing at the top of my lungs. There's no danger there that my tragically tone-deaf caterwauling will hurt anyone.

I've attended karaoke parties and requested songs and cheered my friends and watched from the …

  Read more

How I Wrote It: Marisha Pessl, on "Night Film"

Marisha Pessl’s precocious first novel, Special Topics in Calamity Physics, was widely hailed as a brilliant, literary mashup--coming-of-age meets murder mystery. Her new novel, Night Film, is Pessl’s rebellious response to her debut: very male, dark, and mysterious, though no less literary or ambitious. In our chat by phone, Pessl described her intent to “set out into an entirely …

  Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

infolinks